Thursday, October 30, 2008

One Another

Have you ever wondered why there are so many references to "one another" in the Scriptures? Maybe you relate better to others than I do. I am generally an introvert and like isolation and independence, but this week the Lord has really shown me how important it is to be connected to one another, especially the one anothers in the body of Christ.

It is so easy to get discouraged, or to be lazy, or to be tempted when we isolate ourselves from others. I've had kind of a tough week. To be honest I've had a tough month or more. Some of it I have brought on myself, but much of it has been totally out of my control. I don't know if it has been just the difficulties of life on earth, or if it has been spiritual warfare directed at me and my family. But I PRAISE GOD in the midst of all of these struggles because I know that He is here with me, and I also know that I feel His presence and hear His words when I am with others who share my love for Him.

I have been so encouraged by people this week. Friends that I know are praying for me and expecting me to be in prayer for them. Teachers that have struggled through life's pains for much longer than I have, and yet still smile and have a peace that surpasses understanding. And strangers that have I a bond and connection to that is so strong it seems like we've known each other for years. It is in weeks like this one that I know why there are so many "one anothers" in Scripture.

Thank you for your prayers for me and my family. Thank you for your prayers for the Fellowship Project and those wrapped up in this faith experiment. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for your presence, in my life and in the life of others. Thank you for being the body of Christ and allowing His healing presence to flood into the people and places that you visit each day. May God continue to fill you with His presence and that you too would feel the encouragement of the Lord as you meet with one another.
Blessings,
Shiloh

No comments: