Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life In Stereo

Have you ever seen those pictures that are usually a bunch of scrambled shapes, or dots, or lines and don't make any sense and people tell you that they see a horse, or a dolphin, or a cross, or something in the picture.  The first time I ever saw those stereograms I thought everyone else was crazy.  I couldn't see it.  All I could see were random lines and curves and squiggles, and definitely not a horse, or dolphin, or cross.  For me, just like most people, seeing is believing, and I just couldn't see it.


I can remember the first time I started to see something.  I caught a glimpse of it and it was absolutely amazing.  I never knew what I was totally missing in the picture.  I couldn't see anything and then all of a sudden there it was. But then I lost it and had to start all over again.  After a while, my eyes adjusted and I could easily see the hidden image.  How'd that get in there?  Was it there all along?  How did I miss it before?  Once you can see in stereo, you become one of those spurring on the nay-sayers letting them know all that they are missing.

How about you?  As you walk through life each day are you seeing everything there is to see?  Or are there things hidden from your view that God wants you to see, but you just can't see them?  You have to use spiritual eyes to see the world as God sees it.  Some people call it walking by faith.  There are things around us everyday that we totally miss because all we see is the blur of life.  Take a step back from the blur of life and look at the world, the real world.  It has always been there, we've just never had the eyes to see it.  May we walk by faith and not by sight, seeing the world in stereo, physically and spiritually, and walking in obedience to what we see.
Blessings,
Shiloh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that most days I am not seeing everything that God wants me to see and at the end of the day I realize that I have allowed life's random lines, curves and squiggles to get in the way of His view on things. But what is great about God is that every morning I get another chance to walk thru another day and concentrate a little harder and be a little more observant to how He takes those "stereograms" and helps me to see at the world through His eyes.
Dawn Draime :)