Monday, April 5, 2010

Coaching

I had a great adventure last week.  God provided me with an introduction to coaching through Rick Wheeler and Bob Bumgarner of the Florida Baptist Convention.  I'm not really sure what I expected, but my immediate thought was one of athletics when I signed up for this class.  What I discovered is that this kind of coaching is more like a vehicle that carries people, you know like a stage coach.



I am still very much an infant in the coaching world, but here's what I've gathered so far from Coaching 101.  We are all on a spiritual journey.  Many of us get a bit stuck or go off course from the path that God has intended for us.  Coaching is a vehicle that we can use to get back on the path that God has intended us to be on.  "Coaching is a relationship with purpose - focused on facilitating change."  I like to look at it like coaching is helping others discover and work out all that God has put into our lives.  It isn't the coach who sets the agenda, or who has all the answers.  We trust that God already has the agenda and all of the answers and that He reveals that to us as we listen and obey Him.  What a great concept!  It seems like I've read that before somewhere....

So anyway, I feel very blessed to know that God is directing my path using a new vehicle called coaching, and I look forward to sharpening my skills and seeing how God uses that to guide and encourage others.  If you are interested in learning more about coaching you can watch some video taken from a coaching workshop similar to the one I experienced last week.  I hope to share many more insights as I grow in wisdom and experience.  Until then, may you lean not on your own understanding, but allow God to direct your paths.
Blessings,
Shiloh

2 comments:

College paper help said...

Thank you for these photos, I really liked them.

write a reflective paper said...

This is very useful information for me. Thank you very much!