Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Welcome!

I know, I know! I am just now entering the world of blogging, threads, and social networks. I know I am slow, but this old dog is learning some new tricks! I am really excited about where Fellowship Project is already and grateful for all the prayers, ideas, advice, support, and hard work that so many have already put into this. For those of you who aren't familiar with Fellowship Project let me share briefly what it is and what we are doing.

April 10, 2006 my family and I were living in Africa and God began formulating an idea for how to share the love of Christ with people back in the US, not through programs, but through everyday life. The past two years have been exciting as God has unfolded His idea and I have gained clarity through prayer, talking with many others, and reading some great books from guys who have had the same idea given to them by God. Fellowship Project is still in its infancy, but this past February we formed a partnership with a local church who are sending members to be trained to walk Jesus wherever they go.

We finished the first cycle of 2x2 Training in May and are preparing for our second cycle of training in August as well as making preparations for a seminar to introduce Fellowship Project to local "Legacy Churches" which should be ready to go in late July or August as well. There's a ton more to say, but for now that is enough. I hope to share frequently through this blog and strongly encourage feedback, questions, and advice from anyone and everyone.

May God richly bless you as you seek His face.
Shiloh

2 comments:

Bill Ferguson said...

Looks good, Shiloh. Encore!

It's great to be on similar Kingdom paths together!

BTW, you use the term, "Legacy Church," I think, to mean convention-traditional churches. Am I tracking with you? How did you come upon this and what's your rationale for using it over other terms.

Keep it up!
Bill

Shiloh said...

Bill, great question and thanks for the comment. "Legacy Church" was a term I heard in Richmond, VA in May 2007 at a House Church Conference. It describes conventional/traditional churches, but I like the term better because it implies that these churches have left a great legacy for others to follow. Even though I am a strong proponent for creating new non-traditional churches, I feel just as strongly that we need to partner with these "Legacy Churches" to maintain our ties to Christ's Church and His Kingdom. God continues to bless these churches and for that I am grateful. May God bless Organic/Simple/Indigenous Churches as much as He has blessed Legacy Churches. Hope that clears things up.

Blessings,
Shiloh